* Create a directory in tomcat called archiva, at the same level as bin, conf, logs and the others.
* Copy the war file into the new directory
* Create a conf/Catalina/localhost/archiva.xml file with the following data (replace the database paths with a suitable location):
It would be more clear to put it
* Create a directory in tomcat called $CATALINA_BASE/archivaOriginal
* Copy the war file into $CATALINA_BASE/archiva
* Create a $CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/localhost/archiva.xml …..
Install derby-10.1.3.1.jar and mail-1.4.jar into the Tomcat common/lib.
For Tomcat 6.0.*, there is no more “common/lib”, put them in “$CATALINA_HOME/lib” instead Details of change see here
Apart from mail.jar you also need to be put under $CATALINA_HOME/lib to get mail work
Java Activation Framework 1.1 - activation-1.1.jar
export CATALINA_OPTS="-Dappserver.home=$CATALINA_HOME -Dappserver.base=$CATALINA_HOME"
Again, if $CATACLINA_HOME is not owned by you.
export CATALINA_OPTS="-Dappserver.home=$CATALINA_BASE -Dappserver.base=$CATALINA_BASE" is better
If you use the default Derby DB, the default error log file is put under $HOME, to change it set the following properties in CATALINA_OPTS as well: